Placement opportunities for Social Science PGR students – new projects added
Application requirements and deadlines are detailed within each advert.
We have a number of placement opportunities available for postgraduate research students from across the social sciences.
The short term placements are with local organisations in the voluntary, third and public sectors, with students undertaking a 13 week placement for 10 hours per week from April 2012.
The scheme will enable social science researchers to work with a wide range of organisations, undertaking policy relevant research and developing the research skills within the organisation.
- Project Title: ‘Identifying funding sources and synergies available for Skill Will to be rolled out successfully throughout the UK’ with Skill Will: Skill Will Ltd LSSI PGR Placement 2012
- Project Title: “Assessment of Leeds businesses engaging in the community investment agenda” with Business in the Community: Business in the Community LSSI PGR placement scheme 2012
- Project Title: ‘Illuminating Independent Living (Shared Lives)’ with The Avalon Group Charity: Illuminating Independent Living LSSI PGR Placement 2012
- Project Title: ‘Life Coaching in Education’ with Choices Life Coaching: Choices Life Coaching LSSI PGR Placement 2012
- Project Title: “Exploring and scoping the possible use of SROI or other tools for assessing social impact of activities’”with the Leeds Christian Community Trust: Leeds Christian Community Trust placement for 2012 LSSI PGR placement scheme
- Project Title: “Service Needs Analysis” with re’new: re’new 2012 LSSI PGR placement scheme final
- Project Title: “Internal Communications Audit” with Communisis: Communisis Project PGR placement scheme 2012
- Project Title: “Making recruitment more inclusive”with The Clear Company: Clear Company UoL Template PGR placement scheme 2012
- Project Title: “The Implementation of Policy Change in Relation to Child Protection Conferences” with Leeds City Council: Leeds Childrens Services Child Protection LSSI PGR Placement
- Project Title: “The Impact of Implementing Restorative Processes in Leeds Children’s Services” with Leeds City Council: Leeds Childrens Services LSSI Placement Scheme 2012
- Project Title: “The incentives and disincentives to drug use within HMP Leeds” with Her Majesty’s Prison Service: HMP LSSI PGR Placment Scheme
- Project Title: “Potential audiences and effective methods of engagement for the arts and cultural activity at The Orangery” with Beam: BEAM advert for LSSI PGR placement scheme 2012
- Project Title: “Measuring the effectiveness of the Welcome to Leeds project” with the Refugee Education Training Advice Service: RETAS advert for LSSI PGR Placement Scheme 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “Community Development Project” with Activ8: Activ8 Community Development Project Leeds Social Sciences Institute PGR placement 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “Increasing agility within an extended manufacturing supply network” with Rotork: Rotork LSSI PGR placement scheme 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “Work Life-balance and the next generation of Business Leaders” with an Inspirational Journey: An Inspirational Journey LSSI PGR placement scheme 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “An Assessment of the Impact of Policy Change on Probation Staff and Resources” with West Yorkshire Probation Trust. WYPT advert for LSSI PGR Placement Scheme 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “Development of English Language Teaching” with the British Council: British Council LSSI PGR Placement Scheme 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “Assessing the Social Impact on African Diaspora Companies and Communities related to newly formed Supply Chains for Imported Agricultural Produce” with Activ8: Activ8 International Project Leeds Social Sciences Institute PGR placement 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “New migrants’ experiences of statutory services in the North of England” with Migration Yorkshire: Migration Yorkshire LSSI PGR placement scheme 2012
- PROJECT AWARDED: Project Title: “Chapeltown CAB Social Policy Project” with Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau: Chapeltown CAB advert for PGR placement scheme 2012
For further details about the placements currently available, please contact Kathryn Kemp on firstname.lastname@example.org